As part of Horizon's commitment to sustainable development, the Somaliland Justice Sector Project conducted a study tour to Cape Town, South Africa, focused on juvenile justice, for five staff members representing different justice institutions working with children in conflict with the law. The participants visited and learned from the host organization RAPCAN (Resources Aimed at the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect) and several other agencies working on juvenile justice. They also attended a session of Parliament that considered amendments to South Africa’s Children’s Act. To read Horizon's report on the study tour, click here.
Study Tour to South Africa
- Regional Head Office of the National Prosecuting Authority
- Child Witness Project (Wynberg Court and Counselling Facility)
- NICRO (National Institute for Crime Prevention and the Reintegration of Offenders)
- Ottery Youth and Education Centre
- Visit to Young in Prison (YiP)
- Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Children's Act